Why choose to become trainee in Seago Line?
Seago Line is a newly established independent business unit within the A.P.Moller-Maersk Group. We are fully dedicated to delivering a quality and a reliable product to our customers within our geography.
Joining our dynamic team as a Trainee will build the foundation for your future success in our business. The trainee program will provide you with solid and broad shipping knowledge. By joining Seago Line you will supplement this knowledge with specific and practical insight into a liner/container business.
As a Trainee in Seago Line you will get responsibility from the day you join and you will be provided with a toolkit enabling you to take on a "real" job through:
- Structured education, combining e-learning with residential tuition
- Access to business experts
- On-the-job training
- Ad-Hoc training
You will get a broad network in the industry through joint modules with trainees from other shipping companies.
The program will consist of two one year rotations, one year as a Capacity Coordinator and one year as a Vessel Operator and in both roles your work will have a significant impact on the bottom line of Seago Line.
Capacity Coordinator Role
As a Capacity Coordinator you will be responsible for optimizing the utilization of our vessels and this is among others achieved by:
- You will be responsible for all matters relating to the cargo under your service scope, ensuring we optimize our assets and network best possible
- You will be able to influence decisions and the network design to avoid unnecessary costs and drive performance through dialogue with internal and external stakeholders
- Being the link between the commercial wishes and operational realities you have the opportunity to make a difference on a daily basis in an ever changing and challenging environment
Vessel Operators Role
As a Vessel Operator you will be responsible for ensuring a reliable and cost efficient execution of our schedules. This will among others include:
- Liaise closely with Vessel Commands, Terminal operators and Berth planning on all aspects of managing an assigned schedule / vessel / service
- Responsible for proactively reviewing proforma schedules in order to eliminate waste and inefficiencies and propose changes if needed
- Liaise closely with Vessel Management – Fleet Operations on all issues pertaining to optimizing the daily operation of the deployed vessels for which the vessel owners must be involved
During the two year program subjects such as below will be part of your tuition:
- Ship Knowledge
- Maritime Law
- Maritime Economics,
- Presentation Technique
- Cultural Awareness
- Negotiation Technique
- Etiquette seminar
This will be supplemented by an introduction to the Maersk Group and our values as well as in-depth insight to Seago Line and the container shipping industry.
As part of the education, you will be going on a vessel visit, which will grant you good insight into how loading and discharging operations of vessels take place and how we interact with relevant stakeholders. Furthermore you will spend time and get introduced to other functions within Seago Line to develop an end-to-end understanding of the business.
The purpose of the Trainee Program is to become an Operations specialist in Seago Line. If you prove yourself as a strong performer and demonstrate the right interpersonal skills, our ambition is to offer you a permanent role within Seago Line Operations upon graduation.
What does it take?
As a Capacity Coordinator you have to be able to see opportunities and solutions in a complex network and be the bridge between the commercial and operational worlds, whereas a vessel operator should be able to function in a hectic day-to-day environment where quick decision making is key. Common to both is passion, strong drive and ability to work independently as well as functioning well within a team.
To qualify as a Trainee in Seago Line we expect you to have:
- A bachelor’s degree or
- HG and experience from the sea or similar or
- Gymnasium / Handelsskole (HHX)
Your personal qualifications are as important as your educational background;
- You are motivated by challenges; fast at adapting to change
- You have the courage to make decisions in a dynamic and fast paced environment
- You have an international mindset, you work well with people from various cultures
As our corporate language is English we expect fluent English skills both verbally and written.
If you recognize these qualifications and if you believe you have what it takes to join us, our Trainee Program may be just the right stepping stone for your future within shipping.
How do I apply?
Seago Line is looking to recruit the Trainees with commencement in August 2012. We only accept applications through our job portal. For details on the application process visit www.maersk.com.
Should you have any questions about the program or recruitment process you may contact HR Manager Donna Gerstrom +45 33631640, or Chief Operating Officer Søren Vilhelmsen +45 33631663.
Who are we?
During 2011, Seago Line was established to handle the Intra-European container activities on behalf of the A.P. Moller Group with the aim of becoming the trade specialist in the region. Seago Line’s geographical scope includes the European region, all countries in the Mediterranean area, Russia and Baltics
Seago Line is an independent entity within the A.P. Moller - Maersk Group with own offices in all major countries throughout the region. With over 300 staff, operating
over 75 vessels with a combined capacity of around 105,000 TEUs, this makes Seago Line one of the largest short-sea operators in Europe and well positioned to create value for our clients.
Seago Line was established with the aim of:
- Providing a client value proposition tailor made to the European short sea market. This includes fast documentation & quoting, agile operation and strong local client interaction
- The extensive feeder network will be made available to other main line operators at competitive terms and high quality. Seago Line will operate as a 100% independent business unit towards Maersk Line & Safmarine.
With access to the Group’s ’s equipment pool, main hub ports, industry knowledge, unmatched vessel fleet, extensive network and local focus, Seago Line is uniquely positioned to deliver flexibility, reliability and ease of business for both our short sea clients and main line operators